Startups need all the PR they can get. The problem is that many times, you’re boot strapping it and you cut corners you shouldn’t cut.
If you’re going to cut out the PR guy, at least drop a Hype Bomb like this…
- Find as many email addresses for the top publications in your market as you can (ie. Mashable, Tech Crunch.). You might use a service like Media Radar for this.
- Make sure you have at least 100 Emails and preferably several hundred.
- Email them a personalized presskit that is perfectly suited for everything they need. Images they need, quotes, stats.
- Hundreds of people will be getting this at the same time so your chances of being written about go up drastically.
- Don’t slog through PR, doing one at a time. Nuke em.